Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Emperor's Silk Makeover


Happy Friday. We're off on our last ski trip for the year, and I have to share this piece before I pack everything up. I love the look of Annie Sloan's Emperor's Silk, it's the perfect red. Bright and crisp, without looking poppy or orange. Here are the pictures that were sent from the owner. Pretty average. Nice lines, great potential.





I sanded all over lightly, but by the looks of the top it was already roughed up. Then set to painting the chalk paint on. I used 3 coats all over, to make sure I achieved the bright red. 


After it was all dry, I gave a light sand and applied Miss Mustard Seed's wax. I love the cream texture and velvet feel. I used a couple of black knobs I had to snap the pic, but would really love to see gold knobs. Of course using my fav product by Amco, Rub'n Buff in Gold leaf. You can check out my tutorial here. Super easy to use.



I think it turned out great. 



Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

Party Time.

frenchcountrycottagecommongroundmyrepurposedlifemeeganmakesmissmustardseed, simpledetailsblog, chiconashoestringdecoratingkathewithanemamaldianefamilyhomeandlifejustalittlecreativity

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, whenever I see anything painted in Emperors Silk my eye is drawn to it! Gorgeous makeover Tabatha - what a difference. So glad you linked it up at the Flaunt It Friday Party!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful console you created, Tabatha! You're right, that color is the perfect hue and your finish on it is gorgeous! I love the name, too! :) Thanks so much for sharing it at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautifully Tabatha! I love that shade of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing color choice for this! Look at those doors steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really great! Love the color choice too. Please come share at the weekly Anything Goes linky at Bacon Time, if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.