Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Easy DIY with Rub'n Buff Gold leaf



Today I tried Rub'n Buff in Gold Leaf , and let me saw wow!! OMG! 




I can't believe how easy it is to use and apply. Here's the thing... it's a metallic wax. Wipe on. Wipe off. That simple.


Easy Steps
1. Use cap to puncture tube.
2. Squeeze a small amount onto gloved finger tip.
3. Apply evenly with finger tip, using a gentle rubbing motion.
4. Buff for luster.
Done!! That simple.

Here's a picture after half application. You can see the difference. 


Before and after.


Dramatic close up. 


I would like to disclose that this was not a paid post. But if AMCO reads this and you want to send me a sample of.. lets say every color. I would be fine with that. If you are now on the hunt for this magic in a tube, try your local art store. I bought mine at one that does framing. It appears to be used for accenting picture frames. (I may need to grab this in other colors. I paid $5.69 for mine, and I would think this will last me a long time. Quite affordable. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this post is helpful to you. Take care.

Party Time!


10 comments:

  1. Oh I love that stuff too. It is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you tried this first! I just bought it last week and have yet to try it out....looking forward to it now! Thanks!
    leelee @ paperbagstyling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Looks good! Thank you for sharing at One MoreTime Events…Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used it, but just last evening I was with my salt and lemon solution. I didn't have enough. Today I see your post. Tomorrow I'll buy some Rub and Buff. Thanks for the idea. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ( and it helps that it's a gorgeous handle too ! )
    Visting from Redoux
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Rub n Buff! The hardware looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this really made a huge difference! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stuff too! I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! Pinned :) Thanks for sharing at The Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff. This is a great demo - I'd love to share it on our Facebook page at Rub 'n Buff Metallic Finishes. I'll link back to you. Lots more great colors on our website to check out if you want to try something other than gold. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.