Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Apron String & Shutter Grey

Hello. Happy Sunday! I can't believe the weekend is coming to an end. It has been so cold here the last few days, - 50 C yesterday morning. OMG is right. It is way to cold to go anywhere or do anything. This gal has resorted to painting and cleaning.


I posted a peek at this piece yesterday. I'll mention again how I have a love/hate relationship with milk paint. If anyone has any suggestions, please forward them. I poured at least a 1:1 ratio of bonding agent, and the darn paint just kept falling off! In the end I really love the shabby chic look and this has a truly aged look to it ( minus the chevron stripes).



I'm still learning to work with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. Which isn't as fool proof as the Chalk Paint. I guess perfection comes with practice. Thank goodness it's not on a clients piece.


 I chose Shutter Grey and Apron Strings. I'm loving grey and coral still.


Hope you liked my night stand. Thanks for stopping by, and take care.

Don't forget to catch my Chic By You Link Party, launches Monday's.


22 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that is a transformation! I love it! Thank you for sharing...it makes me feel inspired and ready to paint something! Have a good week. Leticia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love sharing inspiration. Thanks Letecia. xo

      Delete
  2. this is an incredible transformation! The grey and coral is just amazing together and I love all the details and the chevron top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love the colors you chose! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to redo a piece of furniture and make it new again. Great choice of colors and end results are amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, I was worried it would be too risky.

      Delete
  5. I really like the way you transformed a piece of heavy looking furniture (with all that carving) into something light and whimsical. Your choice of paint was very good and the way you painted the sections made a big difference. Very nice job. I saw your link at It's So Very Cheri link party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Would love for you to link up at Link It Or Lump It Link party http://www.sohosonnet.com/link-it-or-lump-it/link-it-or-lump-it-link-party-28/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference. Love the two colors. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in LOVE with this piece!!!!!!! I'm pinning this to our DIY Sunday Showcase talent board! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours look so good together and painting it like that really brings out its ornate features! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool!! What a great choice of colors!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried milk paint. Your nightstand turned out great. Love the details. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the night stand! I think that color is beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only do I like your night stand, but I love your night stand! I love the colors and the chevrons! Gorgeous work!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can always contact Miss Mustard Seed through her blog and ask for tips when you have a piece that gives you fits like this. Or you could always base-coat with chalk paint then do the milk paint over the top. No chipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't know that. I have watched various videos from Marian, which I have found helpful. I will continue to practice, and I think it's a control thing. lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.