Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Steel Grey 9 Drawer Brute

Hello. Happy Saturday. I love sleeping in and reading a book in the morning. As opposed to weekday mornings, gym at 5:30 am and work at 7:30. So yes, I fully enjoy the two mornings a week that I get to sleep in.



I finished up this gem yesterday, and I am loving the grey tone I mixed up. I had a little bit of Paris Grey from Annie Sloan Chalk Paint left, so I added some Behr White latex and a smidge of Graphite from ASCP. Painted the first coat, but it seemed a bit to light for my liken. I added in some more Graphite to make it darker and voila! Kind of a steel grey, very masculine. 


Here's my fav close up. You can see the lighter tone peeking through, and the rich dark brown. I wish I had a before picture.


Great view from up top.


Petite curvy feet.


The handles I found in my bag of extras. At Christmas when my Mom came down, she brought me a bag of handles that she had been collecting all year for me. Your the BEST Mom! These handles were gold, so I gave them a blast of Rustoleum Spray Paint in Matt Black. I used some Annie Sloan Soft Wax to buff them up. I like the look. They kinda look like country farm handles.




My oldest daughter tried to claim this one. I will take that as a compliment.

 I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I'm sorry it wasn't much of a tutorial. As a matter of fact, I don't think the pictures would have been that great. I did most of my painting between 8-11 pm. Really poor light at this time of year.

Thank you and take care.

21 comments:

  1. Love how this piece turned out! Great job :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dresser! The color is perfect. I'd love for you to join us at The Makers link party. It goes live tomorrow morning (Tues.) at 8 am eastern on TinySidekick.com. Hope to see you there!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corey! I missed your party :( next time.

      Delete
  3. Love that dresser - great job on the makeover! It caught my eye over at the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party.
    Marie@TheInteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shape of the dresser is very stylish and I love the gray shade you mixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I think I may paint a sample, just to remember the tone I'm trying to achieve next time. xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great piece. I have a hutch that I keep thinking about painting using this same technique. I keep chickening out though. I really like the detail.. Carole at GardenUp green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a bit scary at first. Try colors of the same hue first. Make sure you post the project!

      Delete
  6. Great job on the dresser...love the color! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a happy day! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah for hosting your fab party! See you next week. xo

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful dresser! And those little feel are sooo cute! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore those feet. Almost had to keep it. Thank you .xo

      Delete
  8. I the color works perfectly with the masculine lines of this piece. Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison. I missed the party on Friday. I'll be there this Friday! xo

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! What a gorgeous gray! I'm featuring it in next week's PoPP Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryann! I will see you again this week. I'll add you to my featured page. xo

      Delete
  10. Beautiful color - love that shade and it's the perfect amount of distressing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just featured this on this weekends Wowza Weekend Link Party at The Patriotic Pam. Thanks for sharing it last weekend. Love how it turned out. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.