Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Vintage White End Tables

Happy New Year!! 

Okay, I'm a little late on that one. You know when time seems to fly by, story of my life. I've actually been patiently awaiting an order of paint to continue on a few pieces. I'm really not one to complain, but my local ASCP supplier is always out of stock. Twice now I have placed orders through a Vancouver store. I have been in need of Graphite since the week before Christmas. Ordered it December 21, and still not here :( Decided to move on to a few new pieces, needed a another color. Returned to my supplier, still no Graphite or Emperor's Silk. Argh!

Oh well.....I received these tables in the beginning of December.


I wish I would have taken a picture of them both before. One had been painted baby blue previously, and was quite difficult to cover. I did take an inside picture, and you can see the blue.


One of the tables had been left in a garage for an amount of time, and the wooden doors expanded.


The difference was 3/8 on each side, thus the doors would not fit. {step in my handy husband} He was able to plane down the doors and get them to fit. YAY! If you notice on the previous picture, I painted a strip of black around the edges. I wanted a black contrast to be consistent on both tables, as one was blue and the other brown. My plan didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. After sanding both pieces, the persistent blue kept coming through in places. I don't think it was as bad as I thought it was. I sent some finished pictures to the client and she loved them.


I love the country charm.


I also did my usual touch of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint to the handles. You just can't go wrong with that stuff. 

Next project....


My goal


Stay tuned for this transformation....I hope.

Take care.

Party Time

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with this cute little table! I want to go out and find one just like it!! Great job on this project.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.